Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Northern Ill Chapter of CGOA Workshop

Hi Everyone,

I arrived home this afternoon from a wonderful trip to the Chicago Area.  I went to do a "Spectacular Squares" workshop for the Northern Illinois Chapter of the CGOA. 

My "Squares" workshop consists of learning to make a lot of different items by combining different square shapes.  The trick is to use lots of different yarns and stitches, thereby making your squares truly unique.  We start out by learning to make a bag, using a lining as a base. and hopefully build from there.  This group wanted to combine a little free form crochet with their squares, and the combination made for some interesting results.  By the end of the workshop we had some great  bags in the making.

I hope all will send me pictures of their finished projects so I can share them with you.

Have a good night,

Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone had a great time, Margaret.  :)
~Dee