Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Chicago

Good Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to share a few of the highlights of my  tour of the Chicago area. 

Rosalie Johnston, president of the Northern Ill chapter of CGOA, organizer of the workshop, and tour guide extraordinaire, took me on a whirlwind, two day tour of the area.  We had the greatest weather, blue skies, lots of sunshine, but not too hot, perfect for sight seeing. 

The first day we visited the Botanical Gardens, magnificent flowers, waterfalls, a Japanese Garden, so serene and lovely, a feast for the eyes and the wonderfull scent of blooming flowers, especially in the rose garden.  Talk about inspiration, explosions of color everywhere. 

After the Botanical Gardens we visited the Bahai House of Worship in Wilmette, Ill., one of only seven Bahai temples in the world at present.  I was so pleased to have visited this unique structure.  We were not allowed to take pictures inside, but it is an amazing temple.

The second day we headed for Chicago.  We saw and did so much that my head is still spinning.  We walked the golden mile, and oohed and aahed over the magnificent fashions all around us (more inspiration), we visited Navy Pier, We took the Architectural Boat Tour on the Chicago River, We took the fastest elevator in the US (their claim, but it really is fast) to the top of the Hancock Building and saw the most breathtaking views of the city.  We visited the American Girl Store, and Grandma that I am, could not resist buying the Bitty Twin dolls for my Grand daughter.  I hope that I can hold off giving them to her, they are supposed to be a Christmas gift. 

We even managed to eat in between all this activity.  I know that I am forgetting something, we did fill the day.   Rosalie said that I probably saw more in two days than many people who live there get to see.  I had a ball.

Have a great day

Margaret

 

No comments: