Monday, August 28, 2006

Best laid plans/knitting crocheting for charity

Happy Monday Everyone,

The day started out gloomy and drizzly , but cleared up nicely by noon.  I was on my way home from my usual Monday morning class at The Yarn and Craft Box in Pawling, determined to use the afternoon to get a lot of work done.  I was not far from home and was abruptly stopped by a huge tree which had fallen across the only access road to my house.  Two other cars, one on each side of the fallen tree,  were there minutes before me and were trying to figure out what we should do.  The tree was huge, there was no way we could move it or go around it , and I was not about to leave my car on the side of the hill and walk uphill all the way home.  After notifying the proper authorities and finding out that it was going to take several hours to remove it - well whats a girl to do, I turned around and went back to the yarn shop :-).  There went my resolve to get home early and get tons of stuff accomplished. 

On another note, there has been so much talk about knitting and crocheting for charity, that I wanted to remind everyone, that I have 2 easy, free patterns on my site, that are great for charity knitting www.margarethubertoriginals.com

One of the sweaters, the little blue one, I made for my grand daughter when she was 2.  She really loved that little sweater and did not want to give it up, so this year, I added several rows of crochet to the bottom of the body and sleeves.  Gave her at least another year or 2 of wear.

Have a great day

Margaret

No comments: