Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tunisian Crochet

Good Morning Everyone,

I was recently asked to join a Tunisian Crochet on line group, and I hesitated,   I thought that I really do not have time to participate in another group.  But - join I did.   I do have a fascination with the method, and especially Tunisian Entrelac.

Over the past few years, I have included this method in my work,  self published patterns, workshops, and my books. 

The pictures above are some samples of my work in Tunisian Crochet. The floral afghans are not original designs.  I made them as gifts for my daughter and daughter-in-law, when I first started working in Tunisian.  I was so fascinated by the method.  I loved to embroider, and I found I was enjoying the Tunisian Stitch.  When I discovered so many wonderful patterns combining Tunisian and  embroidery, in beautiful pieces, I just had to give it a try.  It is time consuming, but the results so rewarding.    I now do workshops in both Tunisian Embroidery and Tunisian Entrelac.  One of the throws above was made by one of my students.  She was so enthusiastic, she has gone on to make 8 of the most beautiful throws.  Lauren has given me permission to use her picture, and I did an entry about her some time ago.

Thats about all the time that I have today.  I am leaving to spend Thanksgiving with my family, and will be gone for a few days.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Margaret


No comments: