Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happily Hooked on Crochet

Hi Everyone,

Today was the regular monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Guild in Ct.  All the members arrived with bags and bags of crocheted items for charity and for their yearly fund raising sale.  I am always overwhelmed with the amount items that this group produces.  The hats, gloves scarves etc filled two tables.  One of the members, Hilda, pulled a huge amount of  things out of her bag, and informed me that what she had was only part of her stuff,  because she could not carry it all.   Of course I forgot my camera again, but Dee www.crochetingwithdee.com always at the ready for a good photo op, had hers.  I am sure that she will post them soon, and maybe share a few with me. 

Dee had the Official Statement issued by  Governor, M. Jodi Rell, on behalf of the state of Connecticut, stating that our  guild has served the state with great distinction and also  for their significant contributions made to local and national charities.  The statement also goes on to officially proclaim November 11, 2006, as THE HAPPILY HOOKED ON CROCHETING CLUB DAY in the State of Connecticut.  Dee had lovely copies of the original made for all of us. 

We had a great meeting, and I told all the members about my trip to Texas and all about Camp Crochet Texas.  The were very enthusiastic, and will consider hosting a like event in the future, in our area.  Wouldn't that be great!

Margaret

No comments: