Monday, June 5, 2006

Crocheting in Italy etc.

Hi Everyone,

Its almost midnight and I am about to give it up for the night.  I have been teaching for the past few days, plus trying to get my final projects done for my latest book.  I actually think that I will finish all in time.   

On Friday I leave for TNNA (The National Needlework Association) gathering in Indianapolis, IN.  I have attended a few TNNA events, and they are always great, so I am looking forward to going again.  Of course I will tell all about it on my return.

While on a trip to Italy this past summer, naturally I took my crocheting with me.  I was working on the jacket that is appearing in the new July Issue of Crochet Magazine  www.CrochetMagazine.com and I knew that I had to get as much done as possible while traveling and having fun too.  I was busy crocheting in the airport and on the plane.  I crocheted while we traveled from place to place, I crocheted while waiting on lines, I crocheted every spare minute.  

When the Magazine arrived last week, seeing the finished jacket, so beautifully photographed,  reminded me that my son had taken some pictures of me crocheting at various places.   I asked him to send them to me and I thought that I would share them with you.  In pictures 1 and 2, I was at the beginning of the project, in pictures 3 and 4 you can really see the progress that I had made.  On the plane ride home, I was finishing up the sleeves.  The jacket requires very minimum of finishing, so upon arriving home, I was able to sew it together and send it off.  Any one facing deadlines can easily relate to this odyssey of a crochet project.

Good night all

Margaret

No comments: