Saturday, June 17, 2006

BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE

  Happy Saturday everyone,  

 I decided to put my problems with aol behind me, and focus on happy thoughts.  Butterflies make me very happy, and I have a free pattern for a crocheted butterfly on my web site www.margarethubertoriginals.com.   I thought that I would share it with you here.  I managed to get the text here, but the picture would not "take".  In addition, I cannot get the underlining to stop.  Every time that I try, the whole message disappears, so the underlining stays!  I will try again to get the butterfly picture up.    There are days that I definitely feel that the Internet is not for sissies :-)!

 

 

Happy weekend everyone

 

          CROCHETED  BUTTERFLY:              

 

The size of your butterfly will depend on the yarn that you use and the size of  the hook that is used:

 

Chain 15, join with a slip st to the first ch (forming a large loop) Chain 15, join with a slip st in the same st as you joined the first loop, you now have 2 loops , chain 10, join with a slip st in the same st as other loops are joined, chain 10, join in the samest again.  You now have 2 chain 15 loops and 2 chain 10 loops.

 

 Work as follows:  working over the chain of the first chain 15 loop *work 5 sc, chain 4, 1 sc, ch 6, 1 sc, ch 8, 1 sc, ch 10, 1 sc, ch 8, 1 sc, ch 6, 1 sc, ch 4, 5 sc.  Working in 2nd  ch 15 loop, repeat from * once.  Now working over the ch of  the next ch 10 loop  *Work 2 sc, ch 4, 1 sc, ch 6, 1 sc ch 8, 1 sc, ch6, 1 sc ch 4, 2 sc, repeat from * in the 2nd chain 10 loop.  Join slip to beg ch, end off, leaving a 6” length of yarn, wrap this around center to form body of butterfly, tie a knot underneath body.

 

 

 

 

 

Margaret Hubert Originals  copyright 2002

 

 

No comments: