Thursday, August 13, 2009

The workshops begin





Good Morning All,

It is raining again, but a good day to tackle some of the stuff on my to-do list.

Professional Development Day was Wednesday. A very nice turnout attended. After the morning sessions, I attended Myra Wood's session on Self Publishing. Myra has successfully published 2 books and they are really great (Creative Crochet Lace and Knitted Lace).

My workshops began on Thursday morning with Double Sided Crochet. I was teaching a few of the nicest (in my opinion) double sided stitches. The most popular one of all being the double sided shell stitch. I had a beautiful blanket made in this stitch and Wednesday night realized that I forgot to pack it. I was so upset, even though I had some smaller samples to show the class. Someone suggested that I start a new blanket, so I did. We had received some Lion Brand Yarn in our goodie bags so I was using it to begin my blanket. By the end of the day, some friends were donating their yarn to the cause. By Thursday morning, I had quite a lot done and enough to show the class. The pink blanket was done by my student Carol D, who took my workshop a few months ago.

Janet B., Ella E., Marcine M., Diane M., Jeanette N., and KJH, shown in the photo are all happy campers showing off their class work.



Margaret

No comments: