Monday, July 28, 2008

FUN, FUN, FUN AT NEW HAMPSHIRE CONFERENCE

Hi Everyone.,

Wow, what a week of fun and excitement.  I just returned home this afternoon and I still have not caught my breath.

It was an exciting week, and I have tons of photos to share.  The highlight of my week, was that my entry won first place in the crochet contest.  More on that later.


Rita, me, Jean and Jerry at PDD day.

I arrived Tuesday evening, in preparation of attending
Professional Development Day on Wednesday.  Lion Brand
Yarns sponsored the event, providing goodie bags filled with yarn
books, hooks and more.  A delicious mid morning snack was also provided. 
 Thank you Lion Brand.

The topic of the morning was publishing how-to's.  Rita Weiss,
president of CGOA, and Jean Leinhauser,
presented a program on the many aspects of the publishing world. 

After a lovely luncheon, where Amy Shelton,
 co-owner of Crochetville, was the guest speaker,
there were several sessions held on different
topics, and attendees could pick three of the
sessions to attend.

I attended self publishing by Myra Wood, Crochet as Art by Sharon
Mann, and a great session with Kathleen Sams and
Vicki Blizzard. 

The day flew by and soon PDD was over.



Sharon demonstrating her art

The finished product!

After a busy, busy day, my son, daughter in law and
grandson, drove up from Harvard, MA and took me
out for a great dinner.

End of day one.

Margaret

No comments: