Sunday, September 2, 2007

HOOKED BAGS

Happy Holiday Weekend Everyone,

Summer is almost over, and I had the
nicest surprise last week.  In the middle
of finishing up another project, and
writing yet another book proposal,
I received a e-mail from a friend stating
that she saw one of my hats 
being shown on Crochetville.org/forum/

I belong to several on-line forums, but did not really know about Crochetville.  After exploring it, I found out that you can read the posts but cannot reply unless you are a member.  It looked so interesting that I immediately joined.  Shortly thereafter, I found out that quite a few members were working on a crochet-along, and they were all making the 8 pocket tote from my book HOOKED BAGS.  I also heard from another friend that another on-line group was doing a crochet-along for the same bag.  The bag was made in Lion Brand Cotton, and Lion Brand had permission to offer the tote as a free pattern.  Wow, was I surprised at how many people were making the tote. It is the Eight Pocket Tote shown below;

 


The photos of the finished bags are starting to show up on the site, and I am amazed at the ingenuity of the crocheters.  Depending on the colors, yarn and linings that they choose, the bags are all turning out differently.  What fun seeing them all.  I have asked permission to post them on my blog, so hopefully you will get to see some of them soon.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Margaret

No comments: