Monday, September 11, 2006

Happily Hooked on Crochet

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have not posted for several days due to problems with aol and my computer access.  Its been very frustrating. 

Yesterday we had our regular monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Group in Danbury, CT.  I walked into a room, with everyone busily working and mounds of yarn piled high on the huge table.  Several of the women were working on starter kits, in preparation of teaching crochet at the NYC Knit Out/Crochet Too.   Others of us were working on making preemie caps for the Caps for the Capitol project.  These little hats are a really quick project, and I worked up 10 just the night before the meeting.  You can visit www.crochetingwithdee.com for more information on this very worthwhile project.

We had two more new member join us and that is always such fun.  Karen had previously e-mailed me, so it was extra special finally meeting face to face.  Karen also had lots of wonderful projects for show and tell.  One really intriguing one was her study in black shawl/shrug, pictured above.

My camera is not the best, and the room lighting is not terrific, but at least you can see some of the doings.

Today, I did my weekly crochet class at The Yarn and Craft Box in Pawling NY. My students are doing so well.  I think that by next week, I might have a picture or two to share. 

Today has been a sad day of rembrance for all that happened 5 years ago , and we shall never forget it.   Somehow, going about the ordinary things that we do every day helps us cope with the memories. 

Have a good evening.

Margaret

No comments: