Monday, July 3, 2006

More from Crochet in Morcambe England

Good Monday Morning Everyone,

Because of the Holiday Weekend, I have no class this morning.  Finding myself with a few spare hours coincides nicely with my receiving a disc from Prudence,  www.knotjustknitting.com containing hundreds of photos from our recent trip to Morcambe.  Prudence has been traveling almost non stop since then, so it is amazing to me that she found the time to send it to me at all.  I thought that I would share some of them with you.

The photos show some of the goings on at the event.  Pauline www.paulineturner@crochet.co.uk  ,and James Walters www.crochet.nu , cutting the cake celebrating the 25th anniversary of crochet in Morcambe.  The cake cutting preceeded the fashion show.  Later I will post some more pictures of the fashion show, but I had to include Pauline's fabulous peacock cape. 

The most unbelievable work was the Bong Tree, by Helen Jordon of England.  Helen chose the poem THE OWL AND THE PUSSY CAT as her theme for her sculptural part of her Crochet Diploma.  Helen told us that the tree took her about 4 years to complete.  The picture does not do it justice at all.  The trunk alone is a textural marvel, and the tree is very tall.  The Tree took center stage at the Platform, where the craft event took place.

The last few  photos are of some the scrumbles made by the attendees as part of our workshop.  Sorry that I cannot identify each piece with the name of the crocheter.

Have a Happy and Safe Fourth Everyone!

Margaret

 

No comments: