Monday, July 2, 2012

Hi Everyone,


Returned home last night from a really fabulous Chain Link conference in Manchester, NH. What a wonderful time, my daughter and grand daughter attended also, that was a first for us.  I was honored at the banquet by my fellow crocheters, by being inducted into the CGOA, Jean Leinhauser Hall of Fame. What a highlight for me, what a night. It is going to take several blog posts to get it all in, so I will try to take it day by day.


We arrived Tuesday afternoon, and it was a fun afternoon of catching up with people that I had not seen all year, there was lots of hugging going on. We had a very brief meeting to prep us for Professional Development Day, then lots of lobby socializing going on.


Bright and Early, and I do mean early, the next morning, Professional Development day got into full swing. It was a day crammed full  of speaking, sharing information, a luncheon, more information, and a huge array of prizes raffled off. I was the last speaker, so by then, I was a little wilted, but I think all went well.  Some attendees looked a little dazed, but I am sure that they recovered quickly.


One of the first people that I spotted was Yvette. Yvette was my inspiration for my Plus Size Crochet Book, (which she is very happy to let everyone know :-), and Yvette is fast becoming my number one fan, she sings my praises to anyone who will listen! I love you too Yvette.


Yvette introduced me to some of her friends. (sorry no names, if you can identify them please let me know)




As you can see, the day was well attended by a large group, all eager to learn about the different ways to become a Crochet Professional. Some of the topics covered were designing, contract crocheting, tech editing, and self publishing.




Karen Ratto-Whooley and Marty Miller checking out their raffle tickets- I won Doris Chan's book, which my daughter quickly claimed for her own.




Some of my favorite people - and fellow chapter members.
Above, Nancy (center), Contract Crocheter extraordinaire and published designer, Deb (right) fellow chapter member, contract crocheter and budding designer, who always makes me smile.


Below - Anna (left), Andrea (seated), also contract crocheter  (sorry there are a few people who I just do not remember their names, if you can help me out, I will add their names.)



That's all for now, lots more photos to come.
Have a great day!


Margaret

No comments: