Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Busy Weekend

sample



















Good Morning Everyone,

I had a really busy, fun weekend, taught my regular Monday Crochet class, and had a play day yesterday, so here it is Wednesday, before I am blogging.

On Saturday, I went into New York City to attend The Big Apple Knitters Luncheon. What a great day. There were over 100 members attending, held in a lovely restaurant, lots of prizes for everyone.




































































































































Two lucky winners received copies of my books,
KNIT OR CROCHET-HAVE IT YOUR WAY and
KNITS FOR MEN

The highlight of the day was the guest speaker, Linda Cortright, editor/publisher of Wild Fibers Magazine wildfibersmagazine.com
Linda, a world traveler and expert in the field of fibers, was a wonderful speaker.
In addition to her vast knowledge of natural fibers, her adventures in gaining this knowledge, and her journey to starting the magazine, made for an entertaining talk.

On Sunday, still a little tired from my day in NYC, I hosted the September meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet chapter of CGOA. We had so much fun, lots of laughs, food, learning and prizes. I had a mini workshop on teaching them a crochet technique that was new to a lot them, and even with all the talking and laughing, everyone "got" it! One of our members, Hilda, had a very special birthday, so we celebrated with a cake for her. Happy Birthday Hilda.

My friend Dee crochetwithdee.com,
(my computer guru) stayed after everyone left to help me with some computer stuff. Unfortunately, by then I was so brain dead, could not find my list of
"things for Dee" and forgot the most important thing that I wanted her to help me with - learning to put captions on my blog photos. So, once again, my photos are not captioned, but I think that they are self explanatory. The first group of pictures are of the meeting at my house, second group from the BAKG luncheon. Sorry that some of the
photos are very fuzzy. I did not realize that my setting had somehow moved from auto, and many of the photos that I took were not at all usuable.

Have a great day!

Margaret



No comments: