Sunday, November 25, 2007

Crocheted Teddy Bears

Hi Everyone,

I hope that Thanksgiving was great for
everyone who celebrates the day.
 I had a wonderful time with my whole family.

Several years ago, I made my granddaughter,
 who is now 6 and quite a young lady,
two crocheted Teddy Bears.  One was a
conventional Teddy and one is Free Form.
 When I visited her she reminded me of the
Teddies and I took a picture of them to add
to my photos.  I thought that maybe you might
like to see them and perhaps try playing yourself.
 Every once in awhile, I like to take a trip of fancy
and play with crochet and knitting, rather than
to always be working on fashion, meeting deadlines,
writing instructions etc. 


I  used Lion Brand Homespun
for this Teddy, and leather patches for
his feet and ears and nose. The stitch
that I used is a crocheted mock popcorn.


For this bear I used the homespun a lot, but added
lots of other textures and yarns such as angora and
fun fur.   I used bullion stitch, shrimp stitch
popcorn stitches along with single and double crochet.
 Both bears are all crocheted, stuffed with polyfill.  They are
quite large and measure about 13 inches high and at least
twice that around the tummy.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone,

Margaret






No comments: