Sunday, October 31, 2010

STITCHES EAST HARTFORD, CT






Good Morning Everyone,

I had a fantastic day yesterday. Spent the beautiful, crisp fall day, driving to Connecticut to attend the fantastic Stitches East event. My friend Carol (who also volunteered at the Warm Up America Booth), drove, so I was able to relax and enjoy the ride.

So many people, huge variety of vendors, yarn, yarn and more yarn. I went to do a book signing and to volunteer at the Warm Up America booth, so my time was limited. Meeting so many old friends, and making lots of new friends is always so special (hugs, hugs and more hugs). I was able to have a few hours and a quick lunch with my dear friend Myra Wood. Myra is a walking inspiration to knitters and crocheters. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me when I met Myra, but Myra looked sensational in one of her embellished knit tops. They do not encourage photo taking at Stitches, but I was able to take a few at The Elegant Ewe Booth (with Marci's permission). I had the delightful experience of meeting Stitchy McYarnpants a.k.a Debbie Brisson and her co-author, Caro Sheridan www.McYarnpants.com www.splityarn.com

They were there signing their new book KNITTING IT OLD SCHOOL. Such fun meeting both of them (first photo, that's Debbie on the left, me and Caro).

Met so many old friends, too numerous to name everyone, met some friends previously known only on the internet, re-connected with friends recently made in NH at Chain Link, such a great day, my face hurt from smiling and laughing so much.

I was so tired by day's end, and really started to wilt by the time we got home, but what a great day, I loved every minute of it.

Enjoy Halloween Everyone

Margaret

No comments: