Friday, August 13, 2010

Crochet Fun



Good Morning Everyone,

About 2 weeks ago, I walked into my local yarn shop, The Yarn Box in Pawling, NY, and Marie introduced me to two women who had driven over to the shop from Newburgh, NY. They had heard about the shop through an article in Interweave Crochet. Gwen Blakely Kinsler, founder of The Crochet Guild of America, had interviewed me for the article, and I happened to mention my local shop. We had such a lovely visit, and in the course of the afternoon the women invited me to visit their crochet group. They meet on a Wednesday night in a Barnes and Noble in Newburgh, and on this past Wednesday I did take them up on their invitation.

We had such a delightful time, lots of show and tell, lots of laughs, and lots of book signings. Talk about loyal fans, just look at all my books that they own, they really made me feel welcome. My daughter and grand daughter were with me and my grand daughter commented to her mom, that she didn't know that I was so "famous" :-)

Have a great day

Margaret

No comments: