Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Thursday





Good Morning Everyone,

I am trying once again to get the information correct for my Lion Brand Visit.
I will be at Lion Brand for a book signing on June 3rd at 6 pm. I will be back at Lion Brand on Sunday, June 6th from 2 - 5 pm, for a Master Class in Finishing Like a Pro. In this class students learn to sew seams, set in sleeves, pockets, zippers, buttonholes and lot of other hints and tips, for making a really professional looking garment. The correct link to rsvp for the book signing or reserve a spot in the class is http://www.lionbrandyarnstudio.com/lionStudioBlog/?p=3506


On Sunday, we had our regular monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Club. We are temporarily without a meeting place, so some of the members have been opening their homes to us. This month, the meeting was held at Nancy's house. I taught some of the members to do broomstick lace, others were just busily working on their own projects. Celeste showed us a double sided crochet blanket that her Mom made 25 years ago for Celeste's daughter. Amazing that it still looked brand new, thanks for sharing Celeste. Lots of great food, fun and crocheting going on. Thanks so much Nancy, for your hospitality.

Have a great day,

Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could take a class on sleeves. I'm working on my first set-in sleeve project, and no pattern or book I have seen explains it step by step -- they all just say "set in sleeves." It's not as obvious as it looks. It would be fun to do swatches of set-in, raglan, drop sleeves, and "round and round the armhole."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.