Saturday, February 13, 2010

Handmade with Love




Good Morning Everyone,

I am still playing catch-up.

More years ago than I care to remember, I taught my daughter to knit and crochet, luckily I still kept a photo from back then, not a great photo, but I love it. Now she is passing on her skills to her daughter and it makes me so happy that she loves doing it. Each one teach two, and the needle arts live on.

One of my nicest surprises, in a very happy holiday season, was a hand knit scarf from my grand daughter. She just turned 9 yesterday, and this was her very first knitting project. I was so thrilled that she gifted me with her first project and that she was so excited to have completed it. She chose the yarn herself and it was a very fluffy chenille. When I asked her why she chose such a challenging yarn for her first project, she said that she loved the soft feel of it. I then said, "but it was difficult to see if you made a mistake, she said "Grandma, I could feel it!" Don't you love it!

Have a great day,

Margaret

No comments: