Saturday, October 24, 2009









Happy Saturday Everyone,

Finally sharing some of my Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival photos with you.

It was a great fall day, crisp and very cool. The crowds were huge, the foliage was coming into fall colors, and there was yarn everywhere. All kinds of food was available but the lines were very long. I was not able to get any photos inside the buildings, too many people and all taller than me. Every time that I tried, I got a sea of heads.
In the first photo, meet The Knitmore Girls, Jasmin and Gigi, a mother-daughter knitting production, and Meghan, from Stitch It!! There was a huge crowd surrounding the girls, not only were they happy and obviously having a ball greeting all their fans, they were handing out free kits, with yarn, instructions and even tea and a recipe for Pumpkin Yummy Muffins. Definitely a high point of my
trip. You can follow them on ravelry at www.ravelry.com/groups/the-knitmore-girls-podcast

Next photo is Doris Chan, me and Diane Moyer. Next is Irene, a member of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Chapter of CGOA, me and Frances F. Next photo is Doris Chan, Me, Diane Moyer and Frances F, chatting and having some fun, while Doris and Diane are trying to get some food. You can actually make lasting friendships while waiting on the long food lines :-).

Just an overview of the S & W, we had a great day, I bought very little yarn, but I did find just the right yarn to add to a project I have already started. I am also always on the lookout for my next design project and did get some interesting yarns for swatching. I met quite a few old friends, met several people who had taken workshops with me, and made a whole bunch of new friends.

The vendors booths were beautiful and all the yarns very tempting, and all the vendors were very friendly and helpful. I saw people walking around with huge bags of yarn, excited with their purchases. The attendees were a fashion show in themselves with an amazing array of outfits constantly parading by. It seems that everyone there was wearing a knit or crochet item, each one unique and beautiful. My Free Form jacket got quite a bit of attention, and people were constantly stopping me and asking me about it. That always makes me feel good.

It was a great day, I always look forward to attending this event.

Have a great weekend.

Margaret


No comments: