Monday, June 11, 2007

Happily Hooked on Crochet June Meeting



Here's Nancy, one of our new members, showing us the preemie clothes she hopes to donate to a charity.



Nancy and Joan, our two newest members, getting to know us.

New member, Joan, showing us her crochet entrelac bag, that she is planning on felting.Priscilla, showing us squares for her
watermelon afghan.  Looks yummy Priscilla.

Sunday was the monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Club, meeting in Danbury, CT.  I have been a member for almost 6 years now, and although I do not make every meeting, I attend whenever I can.  The are a great group, a chapter of CGOA,  always planning for fun events and charity giving.  It boggles the mind when you see the amount of crocheting that is done for charity by this group.  From preemie hats and blankets, to scarves, hats and afghans.  Hundreds of items each year donated to organizations such as Danbury Hospital and The Salvation Army. 

I cannot believe that it is only one month till I leave for NH and the Knit and Crochet Conference.  Where do the days go?

Have a great one everyone,

Margaret

No comments: