Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another New Book and other stuff

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I cannot believe how my days are flying by like clouds being blown by the wind.  Less than one week and I will be flying to Texas to meet everyone from the Crochet Texas Chapter of CGOA.  I am almost ready!!  Workshop handouts ready, one bag of samples packed, books already shipped, so now its just getting myself together. 

Yesterday I received another new book that has some of my things in the Gallery Section.  The book is called THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CROCHET TECHNIQUES by Jan Eaton.  I have not had a chance to really look it over yet, but it looks terrific.  I noticed very familiar names have also contributed, Carol Ventura, Jennifer Hansen, Drew Emborsky, and Jennie Dowd, that I know personally, and lots of others. 

Last Sunday, our Happily Hooked on Crochet Chapter in CT, had their 5th anniversary meeting, and it was such fun.  Barbara Hillary Van Elsen of www.PlayingwithString.com, gave a workshop on modular crochet.  We all learned the method by making a sweater for a doll or a bear.  I made a Christmas Red Sweater for my little grand daughter's American Girl Doll. 

We had pizza and other goodies, which included  a huge anniversary cake.  Needless to say a good time was had by all.

Have a great weekend
Margaret


No comments: