Saturday, February 25, 2006

Knitting, Crocheting and Blogging

According to an old saying,  "you cannot teach an old dog, new tricks"!  According to Dee ( http://crochetwithdee.com) you certainly can and I am proof.  Dee has been bugging me for a while to try blogging, and I abslutely refused, saying "no way, not me".  I am in awe.  Not only did I set up a blog, I actually was able to add entries and make changes.   Now all that remains is to find the time to do it.  Still so much to learn though, it is very intimidating.

On to the wonderful world of needlearts.  I finally completed the fourth book in a series that I have been working on for Creative Publishers International.   The first two books, HOOKED HATS and HOOKED BAGS, will be out in June, and they are already on amazon.com.  I have not figured out how to add links yet,  but if you go to amazon,  write in my name, the books will come up. 

In addition to the CPI  books, I have done a few designs that will be appearing in NEW IDEAS FOR TODAY'S CROCHET,  a new book by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss.  One of my designs is on the cover, it is the white tunic in the bottom left corner.  This book can also be viewed on amazon. 

All work and no play makes for a very dull person, so of course I have been playing for a few weeks.  I am fortunate that, for the most part, my work is like playing for me, but occasionally I do takes flights of fancy.  My latest flight, was a wardrobe for granddaughter's 18" dolls, and were they fun to do.

 

No comments: