Wednesday, March 22, 2006

This and That

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was  one of those days, when I truly wished that I was triplets.  I was going over the manuscript for my last book,  trying to get another finished design in the mail, and catch up on reading some of my e-mails, all before leaving for an appointment. Talk about multi-tasking! 

My e-mail included some very interesting offers for design work, for which I am always grateful.  My mail also had a note from someone who had purchased my first book (ONE PIECE KNITS), years ago, and was still using it.  She took the time to find me, write to me, and tell me how much she has enjoyed that book over the years.  Her note reminded me, that this has happened to me before, but it always surprises me.  One of our International Free Form list members,  has also told me that she uses the book all the time.   MIRJAM COHEN lives in Israel, and is a noted artist  www.fibersiv.israel.net 
When Mirjam realized that I was on the list, she wrote and told me that it was like finding an old friend.  How's that for boosting one's ego? That book was published in 1978 and has been out of print for some time.  It does appear on amazon or ebay occasionally, but the fact that it has endured all this time, really does amaze me.

Another post reminded me, that Tim Klein, wrote about our visit to his wonderful car on his web page, bringing back once again, memories of that fun day. 

http://www.artcar.com/Story/Margaret/margaret01.html

I am so glad that I stopped for a few minutes to read my mail.  It sure did give my day a wonderful start.

Margaret

No comments: