Monday, March 13, 2006

Happily Hooked on Crochet

Yesterday was the monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Guild, a Connecticut based group and member of CGOA.  They are a very active group, lively and fun, very supportive of each other, and doers of great charity works, and I am happy to be a member.  Yesterday was special because not only did we have a great attendance, but we also had several new members.  I also got to teach our youngest member, Casey, who is only nine, to do a bullion stitch. Casey has been crocheting for awhile and is fast becoming very proficient. Not only did Casey learn to do a bullion, she had very recently mastered Tunisian Crochet and was already creating her own flowers in the method -(fair warning -  move over all designers, Casey is in the wings waiting to burst on the scene). 

In addition to teaching the bullion stitch, I helped Mary Ann finish her lovely capelet, which she so graciously modeled for me

The album above, shows some highlights of our meeting.

I am off to my regular Monday morning class, have a great day everyone.

Margaret

No comments: