Friday, March 10, 2006

getting published

Hi all,

Just this morning I mailed off signed copies of a contract to do another book for Creative Publishers International. 

I was working on a very simple project one night, all I needed was one or two ideas and sketches.  Before I knew it, ideas were pouring out of me, something like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine.  I became so totally engrossed in what I was doing, and before I knew it, I had 10 sketches and swatches done.  Of course, I thought each one was wonderful, and thought maybe I had created something special. The very next day, I contacted the senior editor at CPI, and she wanted to see what I had done.  Well she thought it wonderful too, hence the contract.  This will be the fifth book that I will be doing for CPI. 

Sometime at the end of May or beginning of June, two of the books that I have completed for CPI will be out.    The books are HOOKED BAGS and HOOKED HATS.  You can have a sneak peek and even order them on http://amazon.com  Each book contains about 20 projects, easy enough for a beginner, yet challenging enough for a more experienced crocheter. A wide range of wonderful yarns are used, making the designs colorful and fun. 

You will be hearing more news from time to time on the other books, and on my other published designs. 

No matter how many designs I do, no matter how complex or easy, every time I see one of my things in print, I still get excited about it.  I love what I do, and feel so blessed that I can still do it.

Have a great day

 

Margaret

 

 

No comments: