Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Fun Saturday

Hi Everyone,

About a month ago I received an e-mail from Yvonne Tate of Vonne's Crochet & Beading www.VonCroBead.com.  Vonne is a crochet designer and teacher also, and a member of CGOA.  We have met on several occasions over the past 5 years.  Vonne wanted to take a ride up to Pawling from NYC and spend the day at our local yarn shop, THE YARN AND CRAFT BOX, 24 Charles Colman Blvd, 845-855-1632.  We agreed on a date, and yesterday was it.

We had such a fun day.  Vonne's friend Lucille made the trip with her and they had a ball shopping for treasures in the shop.  They both left with lots of bags on their arms. 

The shop owner, Marie Stewart, has fun hosting guild members, and always offers discounts for them.  Marie is usually off on Saturdays, but she came in just for the occasion.

The shop was bustling  with activity, every one busy with their knitting and crocheting, and exchanging stories.  A great way to spend a Sat afternoon.

I have spent most of the day today trying to master using my new Mac.  I managed to get this entry, pictures and all into my blog, so I guess that I learned something today (only after many phone calls to my son).  But I did it!!!

Have a great evening

Margaret

ps  If you haven't seen my You Tube video, scroll down 2 entries and you can see it by just clicking on the arrow.

No comments: