Thursday, April 19, 2007

2007

Good Morning Everyone,

I just received the following e-mail from Myra Wood.  Myra is a member of the International Freeform Crochet list, one of our moderators, and a wonderful crochet and bead artist.  Myra has been coordinating members from all over the world, who have been contributing pieces to the 2007 Freeform Crochet Show.  It is finally ready for viewing and what a masterpiece it is.  Thank you so much Myra, for putting this magnificent show together, and thanks to all who contributed to it. I am honored to have been a part of it all and  I cannot wait to see it in person at Chain Link in July.

When the challenge first came to our list, I was facing a deadline as usual, and thought that I did not have time for this.  I really wanted to be part of it, so I made the time.  The challenge was to interpret the elements, Fire, Earth, Water and Air, the only "rule" was that each piece had to have a gold thread to show unity.   I started with "Fire", which went fairly easily and quickly.  Next I did "Earth", wow I thought,  I can do this.  "Water" came next, and surprise, surprise, my piece turned into a fish, all by itself :-).  I only had "Air" to do, and I was stumped.  How on earth do you portray air with crochet stitches.  Then I thought, air can be shown in the form of storms.  Once my mind went that way, I had less trouble.  The "Air" piece took me the longest time, and I liked it least.   I was running out of time, so I took the pictures and sent them off to Myra. 

Please take a few minutes to view the on-line show, it is spectacular.  If you are coming to Chain Link in NH this July, be sure to stop by and see the booth in person.

Thanks Myra, for a wonderful job.

Have a great day,

Margaret




We are thrilled to announce the opening of our 2007 Freeform Crochet Show now
online at
http://www.intff.org/
Please take a moment to stop by and see this year's exhibitions of incredible freeform
fiberart done by artists from all across the globe interpreting:
Earth, Fire, Air, Water
and Tree of Life/Tree of Peace.
Be sure to click on each scrumble icon to view the artist's page and read more about what
inspired them.
Many of these pieces will also be on exhibit at Chain Link in New Hampshire and the CGOA
Regional in Oakland this summer.
Have fun!!

No comments: