Monday, April 10, 2006

Happily Hooked on Crochet Guild Meeting etc

Happy Monday Everyone,

(I am thinking "Pink" for Breast Cancer Awareness)

Yesterday was the regular monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet Guild of CT.  They are a very busy, happy, active group, meeting on the second Sunday of every month in Danbury CT.  Yesterday, we had a large attendance at the meeting, a new member, and two guests, who were contemplating joining. In addition to enjoying each other's company, sharing our knowledge (and many times our yarn), taking road trips and lots of other fun stuff, we contribute large amounts of crocheted items, to several local charities and are always participating in events at crochet gatherings around the country.  I am honored to be a member of this great group.

You may be wondering what in the world I am doing in the picture above.  Well, Casey, our youngest member , was busy working away on her Barbie Knit Hit machine, making a pair of socks.  I have never seen any one make a pair of socks this fast.  Casey, put them on to show me, and I noticed  (oh no!)  a dropped stitch, making a lovely ladder right down her work.  Not to worry Casey, Margaret to the rescue.  I took out my ever handy crochet hook and worked that stitch right back up to the top, while Casey was still wearing it!  Her mom, Dee www.crochetwithdee.com , was so tickled by me mending C's sock, while still on her foot, that she had to record the event. 

To top off a great day, when I arrived home I had an e-mail telling my that my blog had been mentioned, along with Dee's,  in the About.com's weekly newsletter by Sandi Marshal http://crochet.about.com/b/a/257446.htm


  Now it was no surprise to me that Dee's blog would be mentioned, but that Sandi mentioned mine, was absolutely mind boggling to me.  What fun!

Have a great day

Margaret

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Margaret!  The moment we got home she insisted on making a pair for her brother!  (Gee, I should see if they have a "Ken Knit Kit" available because now he wants to do it too!)  I love that she has taken to you; she was so happy that you repaired her sock for her yesterday at the meeting!  :)

Thank you for letting me know about being featured in Sandi's newsletter with you.  For those that would like to see it, I found the permanent link: http://crochet.about.com/b/a/257446.htm

It was good seeing you yesterday; congratulations on all your new publications!  You inspire me!
Sincerely,
~Dee