Thursday, May 22, 2008

I HAVE A BUTTERFLY

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a Butterfly"   proverb

I woke up to a surprise this morning.  About 10 days ago I bought a butterfly kit, with 2 plants and a Chrysalis, hopefully to see a butterfly emerge.  It was very cold here last night, so I brought my plants inside and put them on my kitchen counter.


There it was, on the side of the box, hanging
on for dear life.  How exciting, I had hoped to
see it emerge, but it did not wait for me.



It looked like it was ready to fly, so I brought
it back outside.



I watched and waited, and waited some
more, absolutely no movement.  I went
back inside to have some breakfast, and it
was gone in a flash.

This may be "old hat" to some of you but I had
never seen this before.  As much as I love butterflies,
this was all new to me.  Great fun!

Have a wonderful day!

Margaret

PS:  A reader, Lucy, wrote to me this morning saying that she was
enjoying me blogging more often.  I explained that the reason
is, I am "between jobs" as they say.  I just finished one book
and I am awaiting word on some proposals that I sent in. 
Meanwhile, I am getting all my hand-outs ready for my classes
in  NH.  I am thrilled to learn that two of my classes are sold
out already.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was directed to your journal by another journaler that I follow; such a cute entry about the butterfly; loved the pictures of it too

when my kids were younger, we had a catepillar that turned into a chrysalis that turned into a butterfly; it was a fascinating process to watch

betty

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! This reminds me of the Painted Lady butterflies I observed from caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly stage, all in the span of two weeks. Here is a link to that entry, a year ago. Like you, I did not see any of them emerge.  bea

http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/entries/2007/05/05/from-caterpillars-to-butterflies-all-in-two-weeks/1880