Friday, January 18, 2008

TNNA ETC

Good Morning Everyone,

More snow this morning, 3rd time since Sunday, looks
wonderful, not great for driving, especially where I live.

On my first full day in CA, I took a bus ride to Alamitos
Bay Yarn Company at the Marina in Long Beach. The ride along Ocean Blvd was a great change from the landscape that I left at home.  Palm trees, sunshine glistening on the water and blue skies.

Great shop, friendly owner and staff.  I  met the representative
from Dale of Norway, preparing to give a workshop, that morning. 

The shop was a beehive of activity.  They were
expecting Kaffe Fasset, Barry Klein and a host of other
yarn celebs to visit while attending TNNA.




Linda Neubauer, Acquisition editor for CPI Lifestyles Books,
me, Myra Wood, a very talented designer and author of
Creative Crochet Lace, a brand new beautiful book http://myrawood.com Stefi Girard,http://craftside.blogspot.com/

My book signing at the "HOW TO" book booth

One of the first things that you see when entering TNNA
is the great wall of yarn.


Stefanie standing in front of the "Great Wall"




Every yarn company attending the show
has skeins of their yarn represented. 
There are booklets provided with each
company listed in alphabetical order, and their
yarns listed below. You are encouraged to
snip a little piece of yarn, tape it in its proper
place, so that you can remember all that you
have seen once back home.  It is such fun to
see all the yarns and a great way to keep track
of it all.  I love the Great Wall.

When the market is about to open its doors there
is a ribbon cutting ceremony. I managed to pull
myself away from the Great Wall to get a picture
of the event.


Its done, and the doors open to the huge crowds
waiting in the lobby.

Have a great day!

Margaret

No comments: