Thursday, October 26, 2006

CAMP CROCHET TEXAS

Hi Everyone,

I'm back home again after teaching at Camp Crochet Texas, tired but happy. 

For those of you who do not know, this was a first effort at starting small regional crochet gatherings around the country.  The smaller gatherings, held in lots of different areas, would hopefully make it easier for more people to attend and  experience the fun of meeting like minded people, exchange ideas and attend workshops to expand their crochet knowledge. 

Crochet Texas, a chapter of CGOA, was the first group to try their hand at organizing such an event.  They worked long and hard, almost a year, to organize this, but it showed.  The event was well organized, well attended, and we had so much fun.  Nancy Brown, president of CGOA, also attended and taught workshops. 

My students were so enthusiastic, it made my job easy.  The after class gatherings, the meet and greet, the luncheon and show and tell fashion show, were all great. 

I stayed for an extra two days, and was treated to a guided tour of Austin, by Sharon Dyke, and her daughter Ashley.  I think that I wore both of them out. 

One of the attendees is sending me lots pictures to post, and I will put them up as soon as I receive them.  Of course, I will still have lots to say about the trip, but now I have to unpack, and get back to "normal" .

Have a great evening

Margaret

No comments: