Monday, July 10, 2006

Busy Days

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking purple today  - because - yesterday I hosted the Happily Hooked on Crochet Club's July meeting at my home and  Purple is "our" color.  It was a beautiful sun shiny day, and we had a great gathering.  Everyone was busy crocheting, munching and chatting (not necessarily in that order) and enjoying the company of other crocheters. 

Several of the members were working on charity items, several finishing up their latest projects, and I was trying to work on my bra for the Bra-vo auction at Chain Link, but flitting too much to get any thing done.  One of the members shared a beautiful sweater that she had made.  I will have to get a picture of it next time. 

Over the years I  have accumulated such a huge stash of all manner of items, from trims to beads etc, and I invited the group to "shop" in my workroom.  Boy did they have fun!  Lets not tell them, but I was so happy to see the stuff find happy homes, and give me some more room :-)

I was having such a good time, that I totally forgot that I wanted to take some pictures.  I thought of it very late.  Some members had already left.  I managed to catch others, just as they were leaving, for one group photo. 

The icing on the cake of a lovely day was our  youngest member presenting me with a gift.  She had been quietly working away, busily creating her own design.  When she was done she came up to me, and placed her lovely finished work around my neck.  it is the necklace shown above.  She is turning into quite a crocheter, and whips things up really fast.  Do we have the next contender for World's Fastest Crocheter right in our very own group?

It is really special to see our love of crochet being passed on to the young ones.

I am leaving for the TKGA/CGOA conference tomorrow morning, and I am all packed and ready to go.  Still have to put the finishing touches on my bra-vo entry and also on the sweater that I have entered in the fashion show, but there is the long car ride down and a few days before the fashion show, so it will get done.

  I will be gone all week, don't know if I will be able to post while away, but lots to tell when I return.

Have a great week.

Margaret

No comments: