Sunday, April 11, 2010

DOUBLE SIDED CROCHET




Happy Sunday Everyone,

I hope that everyone enjoyed the holidays and the lovely weather we have been having. A little cool this morning, but bright and sunny. Spring is popping up all over, just beautiful.



















Several years ago I discovered a series of stitches called padded stitches, or double sided crochet, or reversible crochet. No matter what you call it, it is fun to do and the results are spectacular. I feature some of these stitches in my new book THE COMPLETE PHOTO GUIDE TO CROCHET, and give instructions for making a baby blanket using my favorite stitch of the group. The reason that I like this stitch best, is because you do not have to keep cutting yarn at the end of rows, it works back and forth, carrying the colors. It is also one of those stitches that, reading how to do it can be a challenge, but once shown, it becomes much easier. I will be teaching a class on this method at The Lion Brand Studio in New York City on May 2nd, from 2 to 5 pm lionbrandyarn.com so mark your calendars, hope to see you there. One of the photos is of the Lion Brand Studio when I taught my Free Form Knitting and Crochet Workshop. Beautiful Studio, friendly staff, you will love it:

This afternoon, I will be hosting our regular monthly meeting of the Happily Hooked on Crochet chapter of CGOA, always a fun time for me. You will be seeing photos soon.

Have a great day!

Margaret

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret, I have been looking for a doubled sided crochet pattern that looks like this blanket; http://www.etsy.com/listing/97682728/vintage-coral-bubbles-handmade-afghan?

Do you know of any patterns that match this, or could you tell me the name of this stitch.

Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Margaret I made this exact blanket for my daughter years ago and she lost it at collage. For the life of me I can not find the book that had the pattern in it. Can you help?

Unknown said...

In case you're still looking, here's a similar pattern:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/2-sided-baby-afghan