Friday, December 4, 2009

more knitting photos from Mirjam Cohen








The history of knitting is interesting, its social/cultural status as a creative expressive medium goes up and down in different periods. During some periods it was considered a man's trade, at other times it was deemed to be a leisure activity, sometimes it was a need, at others a lesser job for 'unskilled' workers.

The paragraph above is from Mirjam's introduction to her exhibit. The very first photo is a statue called "The Knitting Lesson" from my collection of Hummels, my husband bought me that little statue in Germany about 50 years ago, and I love it.All the other photos are from Mirjam's collection.

I have tried and tried, and I still cannot get captions on my photos, just enjoy, the classic with the lovely kitsch. Believe it or not, there is still a lot more to come.

Enjoy the day,

Margaret

No comments: