Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Scarves for charity etc

Hi Everyone.

I don't know why I am having a problem with the new blog, but I am. Every time that
I manage to get an entry in, it takes me forever to figure out how to do it again.
Google keeps telling me that I am submitting the wrong information, so I have
to start all over again. So frustrating!

I am having the monthly meeting of our group - Happily Hooked on Crochet, at my house on Sunday, perhaps Dee crochetwithdee.com
will be able to help me out. Dee is one of my "go to people" when I have computer
problems.

A few months ago, my local yarn shop THE YARN AND CRAFT BOX, in Pawling, N.Y. started a drive to collect scarves to hand out to needy during the cold winter months. Marie, owner of the shop, put out the call to all her customers and told them that she had hoped to collect 500 scarves by December 1st.
Add Video
I was in the shop on Monday, and the piles of scarves had grown to 727 and still
coming in. Marie has each donor sign their name on a little tag and attaches them
to the scarves.

Word has spread about the program and Marie is collecting scarves from all over.
Some people make just one, others make many. This is a small town and the response has been overwhelming, it is very heart warming to see how much people care.

I have been trying to add photos, but its not working for me now.

Have a great day!

Margaret


No comments: