Monday, December 10, 2007

NEW BOOK BY JEAN LEINHAUSER

Good Evening Everyone,

It is icy and cold here tonight and a freezing rain is falling, the surrounding woods look like a fairy land.  Every tree branch is coated with ice.  It is beautiful to look at, but treacherous for walking or driving.  Its the kind of night to light the fire and stay indoors, at least until the ice melts, if you can. 

On Friday, I received a copy of a new book by Jean Leinhauser, which I think will become a classic for every needleworker's library.  I did not get a chance to look at it till last night but the book is a complete collection of crocheted embellishments that are sure to add a special touch to crocheted or knitted projects.  There is a wide variety of colorful borders and decorative bands, dimensional flowers, from life-like roses to dainty daisies, elegant tassels, all types of fringes, versatile cords and braids, ruffles and curls, and more.  The life size photos of each piece are terrific. 

I love embellishing crochet and knit, and I have done several workshops and designs using this method.  Any one who likes to add special touches to their work will love this book.  It is available in local yarn shops, leisurearts.com or amazon.com



I'm not terrific at photographing books, but I wanted to show you the beautiful cover.  I love flowers, and any one who knows my work, already knows this.  Just looking at the cover makes me happy. 

Have a good evening

Margaret

ps, I wrote this entry last night and for some reason, it did not appear till this morning, I don't know what I did wrong and I don't want to do it all over again, so I am adding this ps.

No comments: